Financial Advisors: Let's end the student loan crisis one family at a time!
Learn how to better serve Gen X clients, and rescue them from their #1 financial fear — paying for their children's college.
We're on a mission to revolutionize our industry's approach to college funding advice. We intend to empower financial advisors with the tools they need to help families make an informed college buying decision.
Join us for a deep dive into the process we use in our firm everyday to help clients navigate the stressful process of funding their children's college education.
Get unparalleled training to learn to do college planning better than 99% of financial advisors. And, receive 17.5 hours CE from the CFP Board.
Here is some of what you'll get...
- Not just education, but real solutions to help families.
- A proven system to deliver expert college funding advice.
- Resources to guide families through the college funding maze.
Practice management work flows to show you exactly what to do.
Paying for college is the number one financial concern facing mass-affluent Gen X parents.
These are families that will not qualify for financial aid because they make too much money, and yet they don’t have enough saved to write a check.
The cost of college continues to rise at twice the rate of inflation and American student loan debt is out of control. The stress and anxiety of how to pay for an education that could cost $100,000 to $250,000 per child is always on their mind.
Most financial advisors get college funding advice & planning all wrong. But, it's not your fault. We were never taught how (or why) to do this the best way possible.
When you learn how to properly guide families through this difficult process, they will be very grateful.
The word of your expertise spreads, and more families in the community know, like, trust, and respect you.
Financial advisors haven't gotten the right education on college funding.
Access the proven process we used to grew our practice to focus exclusively on this niche.
We've cracked the code and developed a unique 6-step process that has helped hundreds of families across the country.
Now, we want to make an even bigger impact by teaching other financial advisors our innovative College Pre-Approval™ process...and change the way financial advisors approach college funding advice...so American families don't suffer.
If you were in the top 1% of financial advisors skilled at college funding...how would that change your practice?
In this course, you'll see exactly how we serve our clients with college funding advice. Learn how we are changing college planning forever...and how you too can be part of this revolution in college funding strategy for American families.
Learn a proven process that takes the fear & worry out of paying for college...
- Get unsurpassed education you can apply now to help your existing clients.
- Get video recordings, worksheets, and extra resources you can use to help your clients right away.
- Get 17.5 hours CE from the CFP Board.
Learn at your own pace.
- Get access to a private LinkedIn Group where you can network with other advisors taking the course, and ask us specific questions.
See a summary of each module below...
Prepare Families For The Cost Of College
- Step 1 — Determine the family's college budget & College Pre-Approval™ amount
- Develop their “College Criteria”
- Consider majors offered, graduation rates, job placement services, etc.
- Develop their list of Safety, Target & Reach schools (6 to 8 schools)
- Project their Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- Determine estimated "net cost" (out of pocket) for each school after merit/need based financial aid
Guide Families In Applying For Admission & Scholarships
- Determine which colleges will accept the Common Application
- Meet application deadlines and criteria for each specific college
- Meet application deadlines and requirements for institutional & private scholarships
- Gather letters of recommendation
- Secure transcripts to be sent to colleges and universities
Demystify The Financial Aid Process
- Learn how a family's expected family contribution (EFC) is determined
- Learn key differences between the FAFSA & CSS Profile
- Identify 9 key differences between federal & institutional methodology
- Identify income & asset strategies to maximize aid eligibility in advance of their "Base Year"
- Help divorced parents maximize financial aid
- Maximize scholarship money through student academic positioning
- Calculate additional funds needed to cover estimated shortfalls
How To Analyze & Appeal Financial Aid Offers
- Review Student Award letters from each college
- Determine strength of need & merit based financial aid packages
- Identify aid awards that warrant appeal letters (if applicable)
- Leverage competitive offers from other colleges
- Notify colleges of any "special circumstances" that may warrant additional financial aid being awarded
Helping Families Choose The Right School
- Ensure families choose based on value — not emotion
- Determine "Best Fit" academically & financially
- Analyze net cost after financial aid vs. benefit of schools that have accepted your student
- Present the family a side by side net-cost comparison of schools
- Ensure the school fits the family's pre-determined College Pre Approval™ budget
Advanced Options To Cover The Shortfall
- Pay for all 4 years of the education down to the penny in a strategic way
- Determine optimal asset, income, and tax strategies
- Advise on distributions from savings and investment accounts
- Identify eligible tax credits and deductions
- Coordinate contributions from other family members
- Evaluate and select the proper loans
Trusted by industry thought leaders...
"Joe Messinger is my go to expert for all things college planning. His fee-for-service, fiduciary approach, is a breath of fresh air in a world that has seen a lot of abuse from the insurance industry. He's an excellent speaker and trainer, and I highly recommend his work!"
Alan Moore, MS, CFP® Director of Speeding Things Up & Co-Founder XY Planning Network
This problem isn't going away. Learn how to add massive value to the lives of your clients, their children, and your community.
4 million freshman started high school in 2016. And, college tuition just keeps rising.
There is a huge opportunity for you to serve your clients & community at a higher level...when you master the College Pre-Approval™ process. You'll reap the rewards of a thriving business in a growing niche, as well as added trust & respect in your community.
"Get the same process I used to build my business, and become a respected, college funding expert.
For the first time, I'm pulling back the curtain to show other financial advisors my firm's proprietary process for helping mass affluent families through the college funding labyrinth.
I'm a little nervous about giving away so much value. This strategy is the bedrock of my business.
I am, however, on a mission to solve the student loan debt crisis in our country — one family at a time. And, I can't do it alone. I need to teach this to other financial advisors so we can serve American families at a higher level."
— Joe Messinger, CFP®, ChFC®, CLU®
If you don't master college funding, your competitors will. Join the 1% of advisors that truly "get" this.
Isn’t it time to gain a competitive advantage in your area, and learn to serve your clients at a higher level?
Sign up for The Mechanics of College Funding — How To Do College Planning The Right Way today.
Differentiate yourself from all the other financial advisors in your area. Learn to become the go-to expert for college funding advice, and develop a practice you love.
About the instructor
Joe is a leading authority on late-stage college funding and frequently speaks to organizations and parent groups, such as the OSCPA, FPA, and XY Planning Network.
With Capstone College Partners, he’s on a mission to educate other financial advisors to raise the bar on college funding advice…and help end the student loan crisis, one family at a time.
He started his own firm because of his struggles at large national firms to find and provide good financial advice — especially in the area of college planning.
It always seemed to be about the next product sale to a client.
After months of soul searching, he & his partner decided to strike out on their own in 2009 by forming an independent fee-only practice.
They chose the name “Capstone” to reflect the new firm’s focus on college planning (“capstone” refers to a student’s final course of subject mastery in a higher education setting). And, included “Partners” in the name to signify their intent with client relationships — that is, a real partnership built on trust and not just a one-time sales transaction.
In this course you'll learn how to replicate the process (without having to go through the trial & error experimentation they did). Learn a proven business building template you can implement to build a thriving practice working with clients you love.
Changing the Approach to College Funding Advice
Introduction to College Funding
Orientation to The Mechanics of College Funding - Part 1
Preparing Families for the Cost of College - Part 2
Module 1 Resources
Module 1 Quiz (1.0 hours CFP CE)
Original Webinar Series Videos (read before the next video)
Original Webinar Series Module #1
Demystifying Financial Aid, Scholarships and Admissions - Part 1
Demystifying Financial Aid, Scholarships and Admissions - Part 2
Demystifying Financial Aid, Scholarships and Admissions - Part 3
Module 2 Resources
Module 2 Quiz (1.5 hours CFP CE)
Original Webinar Series Videos
Original Webinar Series Module #2